TamilYes
வருக! வருக! என தமிழர்களின் சிந்தனைகளம் உங்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கின்றது.

முதலில் தமிழர்களின் சிந்தனைகளம் குடும்பத்தில் இணைந்தமைக்கு நன்றியையும்,
வாழ்த்துக்களையும் தெரிவித்துக்கொள்கிறோம்.

இங்கு உங்களுக்கு எழுத்து சுதந்திரம், கருத்து சுதந்திரம் உண்டு ஆகவே உங்களின்
மேலான ஆக்கங்களை பதியுமாறும், இத்தளம் வளர்ச்சிக்கு உங்களின் மேலான பங்களிப்பை ஆற்றுமாறும் அன்புடன் வேண்டுகின்றேன்.

நன்றி

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TamilYes
வருக! வருக! என தமிழர்களின் சிந்தனைகளம் உங்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கின்றது.

முதலில் தமிழர்களின் சிந்தனைகளம் குடும்பத்தில் இணைந்தமைக்கு நன்றியையும்,
வாழ்த்துக்களையும் தெரிவித்துக்கொள்கிறோம்.

இங்கு உங்களுக்கு எழுத்து சுதந்திரம், கருத்து சுதந்திரம் உண்டு ஆகவே உங்களின்
மேலான ஆக்கங்களை பதியுமாறும், இத்தளம் வளர்ச்சிக்கு உங்களின் மேலான பங்களிப்பை ஆற்றுமாறும் அன்புடன் வேண்டுகின்றேன்.

நன்றி
TamilYes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» மின் நூல்கள் தரவிறக்க.. (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:28 pm

» தினம் ஒரு தகவல் (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm

» உலகச் செய்திகளில் விநோதம் (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:17 pm

» வரலாற்றில் வினோதங்கள் (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 pm

» கணினி-இணைய -செய்திகள்/தகவல்கள்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:58 pm

» How to earnings online?
by Tamil Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:15 pm

» ‘பிரிவு 370 நீக்கம் சரியே..!’ - உச்ச நீதிமன்றத் தீர்ப்பும், ஜம்மு காஷ்மீரின் எதிர்காலமும்!
by Tamil Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:52 pm

» மியூச்சுவல் ஃபண்ட் நிறுவனங்களுக்கு புதிய கட்டுப்பாடுகள்... விதிமுறைகள் என்ன சொல்கிறது?
by Tamil Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:49 pm

» ``கமல்ஹாசன், ஒரு சீட்டுக்காக திமுக-வுக்கு லாலி பாடுகிறார்!" - விளாசும் செல்லூர் ராஜூ
by Tamil Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:44 pm

» Bigg Boss 7 Day 70: `வன்மம்... வன்மம்... வன்மம்' அர்ச்சனா, விஷ்ணுவுக்கு கமல் நடத்திய பரேடு!
by Tamil Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:38 pm

» பாஸ்டர் வின்சென்ட் செல்வகுமார் புத்தகங்கள் வேண்டும்
by gnanaseharj Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:26 pm

» My open letter to Brother VincentSelvakumar and Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj of Jesus Ministries in India
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:15 pm

» பாஸ்டர் வின்சென்ட் செல்வகுமார் புத்தகங்கள் வேண்டும்
by gnanaseharj Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:31 pm

» புத்தகம் தேவை
by gnanaseharj Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:19 pm

» நாவல் தேவை
by jayaragh Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:58 pm

» ஆன்லைன் இணைய மோசடிகள் + பாதுகாப்பு முறைகள்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:26 pm

» தினம் ஒரு திருக்குறள்- படிப்போம்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:15 pm

» சிறுவர் கதைகள்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 am

» கதை படிக்கலாம்-கதையும் படிக்கலாம் (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 pm

» வல்லிபுரத்தினில் கண்ணன் தலத்தினில் மாயவனின் திருநடனம் வண்ணமயத்தினில் வண்ணநிலத்தினில் அகன்றிடுமே பெருஞ்சலன
by veelratna Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:14 am

» கண்முன்னே பரிதவிக்கும் பிள்ளையின் நிலை கண்டு துடிக்கும் பெற்ற மனம்
by veelratna Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:59 am

» இணையத்தில் தரவுகள்+பாதுகாப்பு (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Tue May 03, 2022 3:16 pm

» ஆரம்ப - மேல் நிலை கணினி-இணையப் பாடம்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:07 pm

» பாடல் என்ன தெரியுமா? கேள்வியும்-பதிலும் (தொடர்)
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:47 pm

» சித்தமருத்துவ நூல்கள் தரவிறக்கம் செய்ய..
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:04 pm

» யாழ்ப்பாணம் கோட்டை
by Tamil Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:44 am

» ஸ்ருதி வினோ நாவல்கள் - மின்நூல்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:14 pm

» கவிதை படிக்கலாம்
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 pm

» சினிமாவில் தொழில்நுட்பம்+செய்தி
by வாகரைமைந்தன் Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:45 pm

» மனசு அமைதி பெற .......
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:13 pm

» கீரிமலையில் அமைந்துள்ள சிவன் கோயில் நகுலேஸ்வரம்
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:11 pm

» இலங்கை வானொலியில் ஒளிபரப்பு செய்யப்படட சில பழைய விளம்பரங்கள் அத்தானே அத்தானே எந்தன் ஆசை அத்தானே
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 pm

» பக்தி பாடல்கள்
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:04 pm

» தவில் நாதஸ்வரம்
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:58 am

» புது வரவு விளையாட்டு
by veelratna Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:56 am

» கீரிமலை நாகுலேஸ்வரம் கோவில்
by veelratna Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:51 am

» நாச்சி முத்தையா நாச்சி முத்தையா
by veelratna Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:48 am

» மெல்லிசை பாடல்
by veelratna Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:35 am

» யாழ்ப்பாணம் கச்சேரி பழய நினைவுகள்
by veelratna Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:31 am

» கீரிமலை கேணியடி ,நகுலேஸ்வரம் கோவிலடி
by veelratna Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger

Go down

Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Empty Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger

Post by logu Sat May 03, 2014 8:04 am

This guest post is a little different than the ones that we have been posting here at Photography Life. It is not coming from an established pro photographer. It is from an aspiring photographer, Kim Leuenberger, who works hard on bringing something unique to the world of photography, something we do not get to see every day in the never-ending sea of imagery on the Internet. I think a lot of our readers can relate to her and might find her work inspiring. I really liked her concept of Traveling Cars and asked Kim to share a little tip on how she post-processes her car photos.
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-15-650x450
My pondering and wondering
My name is Kim Leuenberger, I’m 21 and I’m a big dreamer! My imagination is so wide and over productive, so I have to find ways to let things go off of my head (so I don’t explode). I’m very close to nature, and I spend most of my time alone, which can be quite heavy at times. I love to get my feelings out through art. As a kid I used to have my own “throw-away” Kodak, and we would develop it and put it in a small album. My parents would tell me how to improve, and it went on like this for years, until The family got a digital camera. After the purchase I could practice as much as i wanted.
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-12-650x429
For my 19th birthday, I got my first personal DSLR and that’s when I started really photographing. I started creating and photographing as an artist, and not just to take a point and shoot photos of things like I used to. I would go for hours and days in City like Basel or Bern and take my friends out for photoshoots, it was a lot of fun.
But like a lot of people out there, I decided to go to school for something other than photography. In 2011 I was sitting on a bench at the university, my camera always in my bag. I couldn’t concentrate and all I could think about is going out and take pictures. I was doodling on my school notes, and even if loved Chemistry, I knew that it wasn’t my calling. I think that’s when I decided to enter London University of The Arts, which I will be attending from September. I always wanted to study in an university, plus studying the thing i love the most in the world – photography – would just be perfect.
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-16-650x411
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-14-650x463
In 2012 I decided to go to Dublin, there the thing got bigger. After seeing what I had in my portfolio, some of my teachers offered me to do an exhibition of my work (especially The Traveling Cars Adventures). But I left in April to work in Tunisia for the Club Med as a tennis teacher. The work was intense, and I had almost no time to take pictures, I was feeling very down… As soon as I got back home, I felt empty. But then in June I forced myself to go back on the field and I took some of the best pictures of my life.
I love to have friends with me to take my car pictures, it’s always more fun, and I look a little bit less ridiculous (only a bit). As I take the pictures low on the ground, I often have to lie down to make the focus perfect. Sometimes people would walk by and find me funny. At that point I would show them the pictures I just took, and that’s how I ended up selling some of the photos to them. Talking about making money from something they thought was funny Smile Soon after I started getting inquiries for purchases of my work…
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-9-650x432
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-4-650x433
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-3-650x487
I believe that everything is interesting. From my point of view, we must share feelings with our pictures, they must tell a story. It can happen that creativity and inspiration disappear, but we always need to fight to find them back.
Nothing can stop us and we should always push our boundaries.
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-17-650x420
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-7-650x433
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-13-650x420
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Traveling-Cars-1-650x434
What I have in my bag
I use a Canon 5d mark III at the moment. I have two lenses – the 24-105mm and the Sigma 50mm f/1.4. My 50mm is my soul mate and 99% of my shots are taken with it. I use a triopo tripod that’s very light, compact and solid. I also use a wireless remote to trigger the shutter. I recently bought a 6 in 1 light reflector that is very practical for shooting in the sun and still have some lights on my cars or models. I am not big fan of using flash. I bought a porteen gear bag on Etsy for my camera and lenses. It is specifically designed for the 5D and is perfect for me.
I’m a big fan of analogues, too. When I travel in a city, I tend to take an old analogue (I’ve got 5 or 6, always as gifts) along with a b&w filter in it. I also have quite a collection of Lomography and always have them with me. I think they take the funniest pictures ever.
Post Processing
My pictures are mostly post processed in Lightroom and I only add a little color to my photos. Light effects, blurs, are all already done with my camera and my fantastic 50mm!! I’m not a pro at retouching in Photoshop.
1. First, open your picture on Lightroom. Sorry mine is in french ;)
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-1-650x347

2. Then, you want to go to this mode where you can choose the tint of your light and darker tones. Try to save your best presets to win some time. I like to set my light tones in a green-yellowish color and the darks in blue-red ones, but it’s really up to you, try to play with it, push the saturation, the tint. It’s always fun! It works really well for sunsets too!
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-2-650x337
3. Then when you’re happy with your tones, you can work the brightness, contrast, saturation of your image. I love lightroom 4 because it’s so easy to work with for the light, white tones and black and darker ones. I like my pictures soft, but c still contrasting a bit. So that’s what I came up with this time:

Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-3-650x315
4. There is also the tint of every color that’s interesting to work on. Maybe you want the blue to pop up a bit more, so go and push the blue, blue green saturation a bit:
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-4-650x324

5. Then, for the finish, I use the brush. For example, I want that the scooter pops a bit more up, so I’ll add clarity and contrast on it, maybe saturation.
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-5-650x328

6. After that, my picture is ready to be exported Very Happy
Tadaaaaam:
Adventures of Traveling Cars by Kim Leuenberger Vintage-Post-Process-6

I hope you enjoyed this guest post by Kim Leuenberger. If you would like to see more of her work, check out her 500px page.
logu
logu
பண்பாளர்
பண்பாளர்

http://tamilarkalinsinthanaikalam.blogspot.in/

Back to top Go down